Santa Monica Mountains, Hollywood Bowl, Pasadena, and Malibu, yes you are right. You are in LA, a sunny city where few people are dreamers while few are go-getters and know how to make it big here. Los Angeles has always been one of the favorite tourist destinations owing to the fact that there are innumerable activities you can engage yourself in and the city has always fascinated all and sundry and proved to be luring for travelers.
Every year a number of events in form of fairs and festivals are held in LA. If you have reached LA and want to explore the place, there is no dearth of transportation facilities. You can avail the public transport system that comprises the local buses. You can also hire a car so that you can drive around on your own or a motorcycle for that matter. Metro is there too and you can choose from among 4 different lines, namely, Red Line, Blue Line, Gold Line, and Green Line.
LA also has beaches around as it has a vast stretch of Pacific coastline. If you are adventurous enough you can indulge in some water sports. Aside from water sports, there are various other activities that you can take part in. As far as water sports in LA are concerned, you have a number of options. These include the following-
- Boating and Sailing – You can sail on the aquamarine waters of the Pacific either in a yacht or a boat. You will come across many boat rental agencies that offer their yachts and boats for hire. However, it is important that you rent it from a reliable agency so that you do not risk your life when you are afloat. It has been observed that there were several instances when the boats or the yacht betrayed travelers and they had to face a tough time mid ocean as the boats had few technical snags. Wellcraft boats are quite reliable and it is a trusted name. While you are afloat, you will come across many yachts and boats belonging to Wellcraft. These boats are sturdy and have a great make.
- Scuba Diving – Delve deeper into the secrets of the Pacific and find out for yourself the marvels of nature under water. You can hire scuba apparatus from agencies on the beach.
- Kayaking – If you are adventurous, you are sure to love this sport. It is challenging where you have to negotiate and dodge white waters and strong water currents.
- Snorkeling – All you need is a mask, a diving suit, and it is still better if you are equipped with an underwater camera where you can click snapshots of the habitat in which the underwater organisms thrive in the waters of the Pacific. You also get to see corals, colorful fishes, and different types of fishes that survive in the waters of the Pacific Ocean.
- Surfing – If you are brave enough you can try your luck in surfing. Dive over and under the great waves that crash against the shore and make you fly high over the waves.
Author’s Bio: Jane Fonda is a travel writer and an active blogger. Her travel articles are interesting and have been liked by all readers. Here she explains why you should hire Wellcraft boats if you are planning to engage yourself in water sports in Los Angeles. Also she has narrated few exciting water sports that you can engage yourself in when you visit LA.